Lancia Thema 8.32
(1989 ex- Rowan Atkinson, only 21.000 mls!!!)
Lancia Thema 8.32 interior
Lancia Thema 8.32
Lancia Thema 8.32 ( Ex-Rowan Atkinson)
Registration: F785 RML
Chassis Number: ZLA83400000152571
Engine Number: 14944
Number of cylinders: V8
Year of Manufacture: 1989
Left Hand Drive
• Dynamic Lancia, used and enjoyed by its celebrity owner for the last seven years
• Powered by the 32-valve V8 engine from the Ferrari 328
• A real 'Q' car. 0-60 in 6.8 secs, max speed 150mph, light and nimble
• Good history file with evidence of regular servicing and maintenance
• Very rare, less than 20 in the UK-even fewer with the desirable velour interior
• In addition, there is a spare set of wheels fitted with Snow Tyres
• Featured in the March 2018 edition of 'Classic Car' magazine
First seen at the Turin show in 1986, Lancia's new Thema 8.32 featured the V8 32-valve engine from the Ferrari 328 which, with the four-door saloons comparatively light weight and nimble handling, resulted in an intoxicating cocktail offering 0-60mph in just 6.8 seconds and a maximum speed of 150mph. With a price tag in period of £40,000 new, and only available in left-hand drive, it was always going to be a niche market car in the UK.
This particular car is owned by actor/comedian and renowned classic car enthusiast, Rowan Atkinson, and has been in his personal ownership for 7 years. During this time he has spent a considerable sum maintaining and improving the car with regular servicing and maintenance. The history file shows close to £20k in relevant bills on file.
He chose this particular car partly because of its rarity, but and also because of its excellent overall condition and the fact that it had velour upholstery which Rowan much prefers to the standard leather finish. He has thoroughly enjoyed his time with the car and it now represents a real opportunity for the knowledgeable collector and enthusiast.
Today, it is definitely a rarity. It's featured in the March 2018 edition of Classic Car magazine with a full road test and appraisal which will be available from 24th Jan 2018.
We suggest a detailed inspection will reveal this car to be a particularly fine example of the marque.